Monday, January 08, 2018

Welcome to 2018!

Welcome to 2018, a brand new year! I hope the year is off to a good start so far.

We have just returned from our annual summer holiday to Taupo - I don't know where summer went though as it rained most of the days, never mind it was still a good break away which I'll share more about in another post.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas - we had a super day, quite relaxing and laid back compared to previous years.



We were up quite early Christmas morning to see what Santa had left and other pressies were opened too.


Then it was across the road to have brunch with my parents, my niece Zoe and my brother Marcus.





Later in the day it was time to catch up with Glenn's family for dinner.  I was so pleased, believe it or not, this is our first Jamieson family photo since way before the girls were born!




We had a typical Kiwi Christmas dinner - baked ham, roast lamb, chicken and pork with new potatoes, baby peas and lots of salads, delicious!


Dessert was also all the usual Kiwi fare too - pavlova, brandy snaps, fruit salad and homemade strawberry ice cream.




After Christmas Day, the weather turned rubbish - wet and cold for a few days until it fined up just in time for New Year's Eve. I got onto the annual sort through of cupboards, wardrobes, etc and also unpacking a few boxes of books, Hannah's toys etc that have been away while the renovations were happening. We had our electrician in too and I'm so pleased, we have new lighting in our kitchen, lounge and dining room plus a new outdoor light and a few extra power points. Glenn has been busy too, working outside on his latest project, a new shed for firewood storage, and also putting down some new tiles in our front door entrance. 

I'll be back soon to share some photos from our Taupo trip.

See you soon xx

6 comments:

Kay said...

Happy new year. It was interesting to know what you had for Christmas dinner, it seems a typical kiwi fare is very different to an english Christmas meal. x

Marilyn said...

It looks like you had a joyful Christmas with good company, good food.
Happy new Year!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh I enjoyed this post Katrina. I find your menu a bit different than ours on Christmas Day. It all looks wonderful, delicious and filling!

Merilde said...

Happy New Year! Loved your Christmas pictures - a lovely day. I think I want to experience a Kiwi Christmas dinner sometime - delicious! Lori

Andrea said...

Family and feasting ... what more could you want for Christmas and the New Year!

Bethan said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas! Thank you for sharing your pictures. I always find it a bit different to see people in summer gear for Christmas Day! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...